Cannot find table 1.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Government of Singapore to further strengthen the ties between the Republic of Singapore and Government of AP.
The proposed areas of Cooperation under this MOU are:
• Economic development in AP
• Master development of the Start-Up Area in Amaravati City.
• Enhancing capacities of GoAP departments and agencies
• Promotion of bilateral trade and investment,
• Implementation of MoU lies with the following committees;
• Joint Implementation Working Committee (‘JIWC’) for implantation with senior officials from both GoAP & GoS
Speaking on the occasion Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister, Andhra Pradesh said that the biggest advantage of the state as well as the country is its potentiality of conventional energy sources like solar and wind energy. He also expressed that the state of Andhra Pradesh has other important infrastructural advantages like 1,000 km long sea coast, 22 meters deep ports which support the exports and imports at large, existing well connected rail, road and air transport systems. He opined that with the linking of the two perennial rivers, the Godavari and the Krishna through Pattiseema Lift irrigation abundant water resources are available in the State.
At present, with his efforts the state became power surplus he added. However, the Conventional energy is tapped at length and worlds largest solar power project with one thousand Mega Watts capacity is established in Kurnool in the state, Chief Minister said. Almost 4,600 MW of power is being produced from both solar and wind systems in the state at present he said.