Home » Infrastructure sector sees deals worth $3.49 billion in FY17

Infrastructure sector sees deals worth $3.49 billion in FY17

Infrastructure sector sees deals worth $3.49 billion in FY17

The infrastructure sector raised a total of $3.49 billion across 33 transactions in FY17 compared with $2.98 billion raised in 31 transactions in FY16, highlighting the growing number of deals in the sector, according to data from investment bank Equirus Capital.

The majority of private market transactions in the fiscal ended 31 March were led by the power, roads and renewables sectors and, within those, about 88 per cent of the transactions were through the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) route with the remaining 12 per cent through private equity (PE) investments, the data showed.

The value of private equity transactions in FY17 has fallen to $666 million compared with $1.11 billion in FY16, signalling that investors preferred buyouts over PE investments, according to the data.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.