The Union government on May 23 approved the 4-laning of Dimapur-Kohima National Highway in Nagaland at a total cost of Rs 1,089.87 crore. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the implementation of the project of 4-laning of the Dimapur-Kohima section from 124.1 km to 172.9 km of NH-39, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said in Delhi. This project is under the special Accelerated Road Development Programme (SARDP-NE) in North Eastern Region, he said.
FlashNews:
India, Korea Ink Landmark MoU for Thoothukudi Mega Greenfield Shipyard
Air India Slashes 29 International Routes Amid ATF Price Surge
WABAG, PEAK Partner on Ghaziabad Bio-CNG Plant to Boost Energy Security
DFCCIL, ICFAI Forge Partnership to Drive Innovation in Logistics
S&P Urges Breaking Barriers as India Growth Outlook Moderates
Bhutan, World Bank Seal $515 Million Pact for Dorjilung Hydropower
REC Posts Record ₹162.8 Billion Profit, Declares Highest Dividend
India’s Infrastructure Investments to Surge 50% Despite Global Uncertainties: Crisil Ratings
Future of Himalayas White Paper Calls for Systemic Shift in Development and Resilience
Global Wind Installations Surge 40% as Sector Charts Path Beyond Energy Crisis
Siemens Ushers in Industrial AI Transformation with Eigen Engineering Agent at Hannover Messe
India and Asian Markets Adapt to Middle East LNG Disruption: S&P Global Energy
Polaris Smart Metering Secures $80 Million BII Financing to Accelerate India’s Smart Meter Rollout
Delhi Airport Unveils Multi‑Lingual Passenger Guide Under #DELCares
POWERGRID Wins Green World Award 2026 for Climate Change Excellence
Reflections for Safer Roads: The Science of Conspicuity
JAKSON Group Unveils Five Energy Solutions, Eyes Over ₹90 Billion Growth for FY2026‑27
Star Air Launches 70 Weekly Flights, Introduces First‑Ever Direct Mundra-Delhi NCR Route
India’s Data Centre Market to Double, Crossing $22 Billion by 2030: Vestian
Govt okays 4-laning of Dimapur-Kohima h’way in Nagaland
The Union government on May 23 approved the 4-laning of Dimapur-Kohima National Highway in Nagaland at a total cost of Rs 1,089.87 crore. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the implementation of the project of 4-laning of the Dimapur-Kohima section from 124.1 km to 172.9 km of NH-39, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said in Delhi. This project is under the special Accelerated Road Development Programme (SARDP-NE) in North Eastern Region, he said.
Plea for foot hill road from Dimapur to Tizit in Nagaland
In Nagaland, the Lotha Lower Range Public Organisation (LLRPO), Bhandari, has expressed the need to construct a foot hill road from Dimapur to Tizit (Mon), stating it will be lifeline for Naga general public and particularly the neighbouring districts of Dimapur, Wokha, Mokokchung, Longleng, and Mon. Stating it had been vocal for the last four years regarding the issue, LLRPO urged upon all the newly elected legislatures, particularly of Dimapur, Wokha, Mokokchung, Longleng, and Mon to constitut
Compensation survey for highway carried out in Dimapur
In Nagaland, Dimapur's Deputy Commissioner N Hushili Sema has stated that the survey works for compensation of land and structure etc in regard to the extension of a 4 lane road in National Highway 39 from Patkai Bridge to Piphema has already been carried out by the departments concerned. A press note by the Deputy Commissioner stated that this was done in continuation of the earlier order issued on December 14, 2012.
Compensation survery carried for highway evacuees in Dimapur
In Nagaland, Dimapur's Deputy Commissioner N Hushili Sema has stated that the survey works for compensation of land and structure etc in regard to the extension of a 4 lane road in National Highway 39 from Patkai Bridge to Piphema has already been carried out by the departments concerned. A press note by the Deputy Commissioner stated that this was done in continuation of the earlier order issued on December 14, 2012.
Nagaland calls bids for 11 blocks without centre’s nod
Sources from the Directorate General of Hydrocarbons (DGH) indicate that the northeastern state of Nagaland invited "expressions of interest" from oil companies for 11 exploration blocks without the approval of the union oil ministry. According to the state government, the central government informed in the Lok Sabha on March 10, 2011
- 1
- 2

